The Choice is Yours. Choose to Know.
Missed a period? Having a pregnancy scare? Had a positive pregnancy test? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, take a breath, and consider your choices. Before you make a final decision you need to know all the facts about all of your choices. Please call our helpline to ask a question or make an appointment: (301) 662-5300
At our center you will find a safe and confidential place to freely discuss your situation. We are here to support you as you learn and understand your choices, but we respect that the final decision of your pregnancy is in your hands. Support will be given to you whether you are considering abortion, adoption or parenting.
Parenting or Adoption
- Both are a challenging and selfless choice.
- If you are thinking through parenting or to place for adoption, we can talk you through all of your choices.
- There are many resources available to specifically help woman in your situation. We can help prepare you and your loved ones in this situation and help you be successful in your choice.
- If you are considering Abortion you should know it is not just a simple medical procedure. For many women, it is a life-changing event with significant physical, emotional and spiritual consequences.
- Abortion can impact more than just you, it can effect ones that are close to you.
- We believe that you have the right to know all the information about surgical abortion procedures and medical abortions (the abortion pill) to make an informed decision.
- No one can force or pressure you to have an abortion (even if you are a teen). This is your decision to make and you will be the one most affected by your choice. If your partner, husband or parents are pressuring you to make a quick decision, explain your needs and try to involve them in the discussion to explore your options.
- Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick offers options counseling with client advocates that give accurate information about all of your pregnancy choices; however we do not offer or refer for abortion services.
- We offer you a safe, non-judgmental place to consider all of your pregnancy choices and will support you and walk with you as you explore alternatives for your unplanned pregnancy.
- For those who have experienced unexpected effects after an abortion, we offer abortion recovery services.
This information is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice.